Sunday, February 10, 2008

Still holding on...

At this point, we are being asked "Had the baby yet?" more and more. Our official due date is 2.22.2008 but we are looking like Jessica is going to deliver before that. We got to the doctor twice next week and may be inducing by the end of the week.

I have finally organized my room, the work room between the garage and the inside of the house. It feels great to have all of that stuff in somewhat order. I have about another hour of work to do on it, but I should be able to get everything done this weekend.

More good news...I finally got our video camera working (Canon Optura 60) . I had misplaced some of the cords and parts for reviewing. It actually looks really good on the HDTV and gives us a way to really capture everything including Emma's first sounds! Really amazing. I also finally ordered a camera body I have been wanting for a while, the Canon Rebel XT. It is an entry level Digital SLR but, if you are thinking about it, I was able to:
  • Use my Canon 35mm EOS lenses
  • Use my batteries from the Canon P0wershot S50
  • Use the Compact Flash memory cards we already have.
Those are some big reasons to choose the Canon DSLR versus Nikon plus, I did a ton of research and it seemed like the logical choice over the more expensive Canon Rebel XTi, Nikon D40x and Olympus models. We would have ended up spending 2-300 on lenses and all the other stuff we can reuse with this. If you are looking for a camera, here are some great places to look online for new and used equipment. B&H Photo, Adorama, KEH Photo in Atlanta. Used is the way to go if you are short on cash. Use the Best Buy and Ritz Camera locations to get a feel for what you want, but you will save alot going through one of these sites.

We are using this weekend to try and finish some last things but all in all, we are ready for this baby!

2 comments:

dj.shakez said...

don't forget J&R!, they have good prices of cameras as well.

Jen said...

brent, you're such a slacker... bryan had pictures of the baby up within an hour of the birth and here you are 3 days later with no updates! we want pictures!! :)